Thursday, October 7, 2010

[News] Jung Min reveals his official solo activities [30.09.10]


SS501’s Park Jung Min talked about his upcoming solo activities and confessed his feelings on his group performing as solo artists, at his official press conference on September 30th.

Park Jung Min contracted with Sony Music and revealed his future activities in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Singapore. In addition, he has already contracted with Yamaha Music Entertainment on the 17th in order to expand his Japanese activities, making Sony Music his official distributor for the rest of Asia.

Park Jung Min is the first member of SS501 to officially announce his solo activities in Japan and the rest of Asia. Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng are currently planning to release their own future activities as well. Fans have been wondering how the SS501 members will stay together with all of the members spread out.

In a meeting with reporters, he stated, “A long time ago, I used to think that one of the members could take my place. However, I now believe that right now is the time that our members stand on their own. A group was nice but we all chose solo activities especially for that reason. We did think about going on as five members, but I honestly don’t think that our decision not to is bad.”


How do you feel about entering the Chinese market?
“I want to be who I am, fresh and fun. It’s hard matching myself to new people but I will do my best.”

- What do you think are some of the aspects Chinese people like you for?
“I’m good at getting comfortable with people and laugh easily. They probably like my friendless and my willingness to learn their language.”

- Do you have any worries?
“Nothing in particular. I’m good at adjusting. However, the Chinese are very religious. As long as I adjust my lifestyle, I think I will be fine.”

- CEO Choi Jin Dong said he will be making you into an even bigger star.
“I’m still lacking a lot of things but I will try my best. I feel like I’ve returned to being a student lately. The minute I wake up, I get managed from head to toe. I have to exercise, rehearse, learn languages, etc. It’s like I’m a trainee again, preparing for debut 5-6 years after I’ve already debuted.”

- Where do you want to be in a year? In five years?
“Since I’m just now taking my first step, I’d like for me to advance a bit faster in a year. I want more people to take notice of me, and five years later, finally find my place. I’d also love to work with the SS501 members once a year. The members want that as well but we’re all in separate agencies. I’d like to personally set a date and actually do it but there’s two that are still trying to finalize their agency contracts.”

- You’ve gone from being a group member to a solo artist. What do you need to do for yourself?
“Being without my members and staff that have been with me up to this point, it’s lonely. I’ve just now started learning Japanese and Chinese. There are things that I’m able to see alone that I wasn’t able to see as one of the other members. I gained weight during our last album and didn’t notice it but now I see those things clearly.”

- Your Korean comeback is set for November. How is that coming along?
“It’s still in the production process. I’ll work hard to make sure it doesn’t get delayed past this year.”

- You’re the first of the SS501 members to officially announce your Chinese activities. What was your main concern?
“I thought that being given the opportunity to work with these people was a rare chance. The Hallyu wave is becoming stronger than ever in the Asian market. I was worried up until the last moment, actually. Sony Music put a lot of faith in me which is why I decided to go through with it.”

- Will it be more difficult to see you in Korea after this year?
“I’m going to be staying in Korea this year for as long as possible. However, I must go overseas next year for my drama. I am hoping to participate in OSTs and whatnot, though. “

- Do you have anything you’d like to say to your fans?
“I’ll remain as the Jung Min they always knew, so please wait for me. I’ll be meeting them all soon with a brand new image.”



______________________________________________________

CREDITS
Source: Everyday Economy, Asia Economy, Donga
Photos: Everyday Economy, Asia Economy
Translated by HYPERMANIAC @ Allkpop
+rainaftershine@wordpress.com
Do not re-edit+HOTLINK
Please repost with full credit... kamsahamnida!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger. Blogger Template by Intikali.org. Supported by Iskael and BlogSpot Design.